Okay so I took a serious day of rest and I’m just now getting the blog done, which will hopefully get posted before this day is officially over. Lol Today we read Psalms 5-8.
Psalm 5 is actually one of the praise songs I love most. I have found myself sitting with a cup of coffee in many places around the world humming this song at 6am. If you don’t know the tune maybe you can talk me into singing it for you sometime but it’ll probably take chocolate. Lol I really connect with what the psalmist is saying here. My heart desires for God to hear me, to really hear me, and I know he does. I can have an amazing and personal relationship with God. How awesome is that? Why? Because he wants that relationship. He is a good and loving God. No evil or uncaring can be found in him. The deepness of my relationship with him is because I fear and worship him and he’s able to allow me close. Only he can give me the strength to do that. I can enjoy everything because he is good and wants good for me. It’s been difficult to remember that lately. Sometimes it seems like nothing is going right and that we’re getting smacked down at every turn. Those are the times that relying on that close relationship with God and remembering that he’s got our backs makes the biggest difference.
Psalm 6 is a little more from the aspect of being in a position of needing God’s mercy. I was very humbled by reading it. Maybe is was searching myself this morning before communion but who I am and what I need from God was very clear in my mind today. I am a sinner. I can’t help but sin. They may be small things, but to God it is unrighteousness. I need his mercy and his grace. I often think about standing in front of him and hearing him say “Well done good and faithful servant.” I can’t imagine the pain I would feel if instead I was rebuked. I also need God’s comfort. The last few years have been difficult and I can recall a few nights where, like the psalmist, I felt like I had turned my bed into a swimming pool from my tears. We can be sure that if we call on God and truly seek his path that we will be lifted up.
Psalm 7 is a reminder to those that like to whine and cry about things not being fair. I’ll tell you guys right now, life is not fair. Yes I know your parents have told you that, but I’m serious. I’m not just trying to get you to stop whining, I’m telling you how it is. We read about why its not fair. It is man’s fault. It’s nice to think that vengeance is God’s. That isn’t always going to happen out in the open. Not only do we have to trust that God’s justice is fair, but we have to trust that even when it’s not in our faces. There are a lot of bad people who are successful and blessed according to the world’s standards. We have to remember that in the grand scheme of things, this life is very short. We will have our rewards for eternity and those that choose willingly to reject God’s ways will not. That sounds awful. I know that sometimes it sounds harsh to think that God would sentence someone he loves to an eternity of pain. It’s not God’s doing, it’s ours. We are all given the chance to make that decision. That is why it’s so important to make sure that everyone we come in contact with understands exactly who God is and what Jesus offers to them.
Finally, Psalm 8 is good to a terrific psalm of praise to God and how amazing he is. All of creation shouts out how amazing he is. The miracle of a baby’s cry, the immensity of the stars, just the complexity of creation all tells us about him. Yet, with all of this creation, everything he made, he cares about us. We are his masterpiece. He loves us so much that he can’t bear to just allow us to not be with him. He had to give us a way to be in relationship with him. He cares about what is going on in our lives. He wants to be part of it. He has offered us a place of honor. For that and so much more, we should praise his name loudly.
Tomorrow’s reading is Genesis 27-28 and Matthew 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Psalm 5... In this I see David passionatley asking God for direction, for justice. I would Love for God to send me a roadmap, printed instructions on what He wants me to do. Because then I would feel right inside. I would know that I was doing exactly what I was suppose to. And even if what I was doing did not logically make sense to me; I would have the faith that it was the right thing because God said so in my detailed map and/or printed instructions.... Oh, if it would be that easy. The only questions I would have would be why this way? I wouldn't question God tho, I would just wait and watch and enjoy the process He was taking me thru to participate in His plan. Once again, I am back to discerning what God wants me to do. What direction He wants me to head in. I don't need to know the purpose, I don't need to know the endgame; I need to know the direction. I trust God to lead me down the right path, it's His Will. The problem with this team is me, not God. I believe at this time in life many people are asking this question moreso in this country than usual. People are out of their jobs, their homes, their savings, their 401k's and more and more people are waking up out of their comfort zone because their zones are ceasing to exist. I believe that God is talking to us loud and clear, it is our responsibility to discern how we contribute, what choices we make in the midst of all these meltdowns. We all have a role, God has included all of us - it's our responsibility to identify it and follow it.
ReplyDeleteJoy
Okay....really? I mean seriously sis. lol First of all, who are you kidding? You would TOTALLY question God, just like Job. lol And yes, it would be nice to have it clear in front of us, but that would also take away our responsibility and free will. We would merely be puppets and couldn't truly claim freedom in Christ. There is a great song by Out Of the Grey called "He Is Not Silent"...it really speaks to this....
ReplyDeleteBoy, the title of the song describes it well. Fog is grey, you can't see thru fog!
ReplyDeleteOk, I might question it; I guess I am at one of those junctures where it would be relaxing to know what I was suppose to be doing... Question was the wrong word, the correct words would be "not obey".
That makes more sense.
yes I know you'd follow through but you'd give him a headache with your "why's" lol
ReplyDeleteAnd the band is Out Of The Grey, the song is He Is Not Silent....I tried to find it for you but it's an old song....I might have to rip it off my cd and email it to you lol