Friday, January 1, 2010
Reading Through The Bible In A Year....MaThen king a Start
Okay, when Charlie announced this challenge a few weeks ago, I was like, "Yeah that's a great idea, these guys would really benefit from this." I've read through the Bible a few times, sometimes for personal reasons, others for classes. It didn't even occur to me that this might be a good opportunity to get back into a more disciplined study schedule. I've been doing a lot of topical studies lately and I forgot that sometimes it's good to just read your Bible in an organized fashion and let the Holy Spirit decide what it is that you are needing most at that moment. I started praying that many of the youth would take this challenge. Little did I know that God had more in mind than for me to be supportive of them. In many prayer sessions, and when I was just walking and talking to God, the thought of doing this challenge myself and Blogging about it. I kept being asked if I had a blog, and I kept saying "If I blogged, I would want some direction as to what to blog about, and I don't right now." People kept telling me about the "Julie & Julia" movie as well. It kept coming up in conversations and people were saying it would be cool if someone did that with the Bible. I am sure other people have, but I haven't read them. Also, I found it hard to find a study that I could really get excited to start the new year with. All of these things and subtle prodings of the Holy Spirit have created this blog. I am taking Charlie's Challenge, and I am going to commit myself to blogging about it as we go. As Stephanie said, this is a really huge undertaking, but I really do feel called to do it, and I hope that it will not only help me to apply what I am reading but will open up discussion about the scripture we are all reading together. I hope that it will be enjoyable for all of us. Please feel free to post your thoughts and questions on here and I hope to have a good dialog along with my rantings. Please bear with me as this is the first time I've really done anything like this. Let me know what you'd like to see happen with this blog as well. I will be posting the reading discussion for Day one a little later in the day. Happy New Year everyone. May 2010 bring us all growth and blessings. God is so awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is an awesome idea J, I've tried to read through the bible before and never have made it. Maybe I'll have to have another go..
ReplyDeleteWell I can't take total credit for it, my friend Charlie challenged the youth group to read it, but I think it'll be easier to stay accountable for me and others if we can talk about it on here! lol You are totally welcome to join us...today's readings are Genesis 1&2 and Matthew 1. I'll be posting a blog in a bit. Kids had me busy all afternoon and I had to watch my bucks! lol
ReplyDelete